Thursday, July 4, 2013

"Splitting Harriet" by Tamara Leigh




About this book:

Once upon a time, I was a rebel. And I have the tattoo to prove it.  

Then there was the spiked hair–the shade of which changed monthly–“colorful” language that can’t be found in your everyday sixteen-count crayon box, a pack-a-day habit, less-than-modest wardrobe, and an obsession with guitar-trashing, drum-bashing music.

Did I mention I’m also a preacher’s kid? That’s right. And like the prodigal son after whom I modeled myself, I finally saw the error of my ways and returned to the fold.

Today my life is all about “lead me not into temptation.” When I’m not serving as Women’s Ministry Director at my father’s church, I’m working at Gloria’s Morning Café. I even have worthy goals, like saving enough money to buy the café, keep my Jelly Belly habit under control, and to never again hurt the people I love. No more parties. No more unsavory activities. And no more motorcycles! You’d think I was finally on the right track.

But since my dad’s replacement hired a hotshot church consultant to revive our “dying” church, things aren’t working out as planned. And now this “consultant” says I’m in need of a little reviving myself. Just who does this Maddox McCray think he is anyway? With his curly hair that could use a good clipping, tattoo that he makes no attempt to hide, and black leather pants, the man is downright dangerous. In fact, all that’s missing is a motorcycle. Or so I thought… But if he thinks he’s going to take me for a ride on that 1298cc machine of his, he can think again. Harriet Bisset is a reformed woman, and she’s going to stay that way. Even if it kills me!”



 Series: No. 


Spiritual Content-
Psalm 103:10-12; 1 Corinthians 1:10; Harriet’s a Pastor’s kid; Harriet’s life revolves around the Church, the café & Jelly Beans.

Negative Content-
The Prolongue is all negative, 1 biddies, 2 floozies,  

Sexual Content-
Kisses; (The Prolongue: A guy says he wants to cuddle with Harriet)

-Harriet Bisset

                                         P.O.V. of Harriet

                                                                                           386 pages

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 (Really two and a half)
We see part of Harriet’s messed up life through the prolongue, though we don’t want to read about her messed up, we do because we get to rejoice with her as eight years sober!






 

*BFCG may (Read the review to see) recommend this book by this author. It does not mean I recommend all the books by this author.

1 comment: