Tuesday, February 4, 2014

"Roadside Assistance" by Amy Clipston




About this book:

“A very bumpy ride.
Emily Curtis is used to dealing with her problems while under the hood of an old Chevy, but when her mom dies, Emily's world seems shaken beyond repair. Driven from home by hospital bills they can't pay, Emily and her dad move in with his wealthy sister, who intends to make her niece more feminine---in other words, just like Whitney, Emily's perfect cousin. But when Emily hears the engine of a 1970 Dodge Challenger, and sees the cute gearhead, Zander, next door, things seem to be looking up.
But even working alongside Zander can't completely fix the hole in Emily's life. Ever since her mom died, Emily hasn't been able to pray, and no one---not even Zander---seems to understand. But sometimes the help you need can come from the person you least expect.”



 Series: *screaming, ALL CAPS, bold,
size 36* THE SEQUEL COMES OUT TODAY *enter millions of !!!s* “Destination Unknown”’s review will be up tomorrow. :D


Spiritual Content- Hebrews 11:1, Deuteronomy 31:6, & Isaiah 41:10; Throughout the whole book, Emily is feeling like God abandoned her after her Mom dies, feeling pushed by others to talk to a God she’s iffy about, *Spoiler* but she later finds out the God was carrying her during the hard times. *Spoiler*

Negative Content- N/A

Sexual Content- A few (not-detailed) kisses.

     -Emily Curtis
                                                         P.O.V. of Emily
                                                                       278 pages

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
      *Oh my goodness. I love this book.*
  I’ve read this book before, this is actually my third time reading it. Now, I’m not one for re-reading books (Don’t shoot me!) I feeling like the “magic” goes away. Haha. Not with “Roadside Assistance”. Uh-huh. I’ve felt the same tears in the same spots, the laughter when Emily’s being sarcastic and just hugging the book when I’m done.
  Folks, I’ve been waiting for a sequel for two years now. When I interviewed Mrs. Clipston (hands down one of the best days of my life) and she said about a sequel to "Roadside Assistance", yes, I screamed. (Good thing it was an online interview! ;) )
  *dramatic music* Today, Tuesday, February 04, 2014, we get a sequel! Yes, I was pestering calling my local LifeWay & Mardel’s asking them when they’ll have it, it’s now in my hands. :D 




 

*BFCG may (Read the review to see) recommend this book by this author. It does not mean I recommend all the books by this author.

4 comments:

  1. It's cool that you liked it so much! What was your favorite part?

    http://teensliveforjesus.blogspot.ru/2014/09/roadside-assistance-by-amy-clipston.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this book appropriate for a 13/14 year old? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jaimie!
      It is about a girl a bit older and it does have a bit of crush/falling in love type content, but it very clean! :)
      Hope this helps! :)
      ~Lindsey

      Delete