Wednesday, March 26, 2014

"A Lasting Impression" by Tamera Alexander


About this book:

“To create something that will last is Claire Laurent's most fervent desire as an artist. It's also her greatest weakness. When her fraud of a father deals her an unexpected hand, Claire is forced to flee from New Orleans to Nashville, only a year after the War Between the States has ended. Claire's path collides with that of Sutton Monroe, and she considers him a godsend for not turning her in to the authorities. But when they meet again and he refuses to come to her aid, she realizes she's sorely misjudged the man. Trading an unwanted destiny for an unknown future, Claire finds herself in the middle of Nashville's elite society and believes her dream of creating a lasting impression in the world of art may finally be within reach.
All that Sutton Monroe holds dear lies in ruin. He's determined to reclaim his heritage and to make the men who murdered his father pay. But what he discovers on his quest for vengeance reveals a truth that may cost him more than he ever imagined.”



 Series: “Belmont Mansion” book #1. Can be a stand-alone novel. (book #2, “A Beauty So Rare”’s review will be posted next Wednesday.)


Spiritual Content- Ephesians 2:10 in the front; Claire pray and reads the Bible; Scriptures are quoted and Blessings over food are said.


Negative Content- One or Two bloody parts, not-detailed.


Sexual Content- Quite a few (not-detailed) kisses.


-Claire Laurent
-Sutton Monroe

                                         P.O.V. switches between them.
                                                                           426 pages
                                          Set in 1866

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
12 and up- 

New Teens (13&14) and up- 
(and a half)

My personal Rating-

(Because the size can be intimidating, Pre & New Teens may (or may not- like me. ;) ) freak out the size of the book. That's why the first two ratings are lower.) I absolutely adore the fact that in the Preface, the Author, Miss Tamera Alexander, thanks the reader for “entrusting her with your time”. How sweet and amazing is that?! I didn’t know if I wanted to read “A Lasting Impression” or another book first, so I read the beginning of each and when I read that- I didn’t even pick up the other one!  
The sequel just came out and when I got it in the mail, well… this was my face:
 
"Guess what just came in the mail!!!! I screamed so loud my friends thought I hurt myself! I wouldn't stay still so the picture's blurry. ;D "
Needless to say, I was excited. :) Review of that book, “A Beauty So Rare” coming next Wednesday!


See you on Friday for the continuation of our Beverly Lewis Countdown!




*BFCG may (Read the review to see) recommend this book by this author. It does not mean I recommend all the books by this author.

No comments:

Post a Comment