Saturday, June 8, 2013

Interview with Mrs. Jillian Hart




 "Jillian grew up on her family's homestead on Washington state, near Carnation, Washington, where she raised cattle to pay for her college tuition, rode horses through the pristine foothills of the Cascade Mountain range and scribbled stories in her spare time.

After earning an English degree from Whitman College (what better way to go through college than to constantly read books?), she traveled, worked in advertising, taught Sunday school and volunteered before becoming a writer.
When she's not hard at work on her next story, Jillian can be found chatting with a friend, stopping for a café mocha with a book in hand, and spending quiet evenings at home with her family."
{Link}





Hello! Welcome to Books For Christian Girls!

How are you today Ms. Jillian Hart?

I'm great, thanks for having me, Lindsey.  I'm so excited to be on your blog.


Where do you get your ideas?

They just pop in my head.  It's scary, I'll be out shopping, or taking out the garbage or chopping a salad, my mind will wander and I'll just stand there staring into space while I think the new idea through…and not realize how many people are staring at me and thinking, there is something wrong with that girl :).


What inspires you to write?

Writing for me is like breathing.  I just have to do it.  It's the same way praying or spending time with my Bible.  Something enormous is simply missing if it isn't part of my day.


What’s something not most people would know about you?

I worked as a life guard and swim instructor through my high school years.  My favorite part was blowing my whistle at the kids who misbehaved during public swim. 


{And a few fun questions:}

Favorite Scripture?

What is important is faith expressing itself in love.
  --Galatians 5:6


Favorite kind of candy? Or try to stay away?

M&Ms, hands down.  Love the holiday M&Ms, especially Easter, with all those pretty pastels!


Favorite color the good Lord made?

I love pink.


Favorite food?

A cheeseburger and fries


Do you own any pets?

Not currently, although I'm hoping to get a dog some day soon.  Just looking for the right one!


That’s all! Is there anything you would like to say to our readers?

Thank you.  I'm so grateful for this chance to talk with you, Lindsey.  Thanks for inviting me to hang out with you.  God bless!



'For the Twins' sake', July 1st, 2005














'A Soldier for Christmas', November 15th, 2010

'Reunited for the Holidays', December 1st, 2012




Don't forget to check out Mrs. Hart's Website, and Facebook.

Click HERE for a review of 'For the Twins' Sake'.

Thank you Mrs. Hart for letting BFCG interview you!



No comments:

Post a Comment