Friday, August 17, 2018

"Be My Neat-Heart" by Judy Baer


About this book:

  “Men come and go, but clutter is forever…
   I’ve been told the reason I’m still single at twenty-nine is because there’ll never be a man tidy enough for me. I’m a professional organizer, so everything in my world is in perfect order. Well…everything except my love life.
   But I think I’ve met my match in Jared Hamilton, who recently hired me to cure his sister’s “clutter issues.” He’s an even bigger neatnik than I am, but he also needs to control everyone around him. I’m starting to realize that sometimes love can be a messy business!”


Series: A Love Inspired book and part of the “Steeple Hill Café” mini-series, but not directly related to any other books in the series (though other characters may be mentioned).


Spiritual Content- Matthew 6:19-20 at the beginning; Scriptures are mentioned, remembered, quoted, & discussed; Prayers & Blessings over food; Many Talks about God, faiths, & those in the Bible; ‘H’s are capital when referring to God; Mentions of God; Mentions of prayers; Mentions of Bibles & those in the Bible; Mentions of churches/chapels, church going, services, Sunday school, a small group, & pastors; Mentions of Christians & faiths; Mentions of witnessing; Mentions of miracles; A couple mentions of blessings; A mention of a missionary complex; A mention of martyrs; A mention of a Christian college.


Negative Content- Minor cussing including: a ‘duh’, two ‘dumb’s, two ‘stupid’s, and three ‘idiot’s; Some eye rolling; Mentions of a car accident & injuries; A few mentions of a man doing drugs, being a part of a gang & criminal activity; A couple mentions of jealousy; A mention of lying; A mention of people’s poop; A mention of nightmares;
             *Note: Mentions of actors/actresses, TV shows, & fictional characters; A few mentions of designers; A few mentions of car brands; A couple mentions of a TV channel & magazine; A couple mentions of Girl Scout.


Sexual Content- a fingers-to-lips touch, four hand/finger kisses, two forehead kisses, two cheek kisses, two nose/ear kisses, and two barely-above-not-detailed kisses; Touches, Embraces, & Warmth (barely-above-not-detailed); Blushes; Noticing & Nearness (barely-above-not-detailed); Mentions of dating, dates, boyfriends, & being dumped; A few mentions of a crush & having the hots for someone; A couple mentions of flirting; A mention of a bordello; A mention of someone’s love affair with their junk; A mention of a life of chastity; Love, falling in love, & the emotions;
             *Note: A couple mentions of a man who wants to become an underwear model; A couple mentions of PMS & hormones; A mention of crying babies being a form of birth control; A mention of a woman’s biological time clock; A mention of testosterone; A mention of butting into someone’s life; A mention of butting heads.

-Samantha Smith, age 29
                                1st person P.O.V. of Sammi
                                                        233 pages

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Pre Teens-
New Teens-
Early High School Teens-
Older High School Teens-
My personal Rating-
Since I’ve enjoyed “Million Dollar Dilemma” and “Norah’s Ark” so much by this author, I’ve been wanting to read her other books for years now. Finally getting to it and starting with “Be My Neat-Heart”. While I wasn’t an overall big fan of the main guy, Sammi was so fun! I really enjoyed all the faith parts and as an organizer, the parts of Sammi’s job. There was also a fun hidden Easter egg of Norah’s Ark being mentioned twice!


See y’all on Monday with a new review!


*BFCG may (Read the review to see) recommend this book by this author. It does not mean I recommend all the books by this author.

No comments:

Post a Comment